Please list any equipment, instrumentation, or devices that you think should be available for less via an open-source, possibly DIY, approach for your scientific work here.
Some that are already being worked on:
- Animal tracking tags
- Materials characterization jig (compare to Instron load frame)
- Cosmic ray detector
- Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
- Weather radar
- Frequency counter
- Precision temperature controller
- Precision environmental chamber (T/RH/P control)
- Sound Level Meter (SLM)
- Sample/mix shaker
- UV meter
- Magnetometric imager
- IMU logger (dead reckoning tracker)
The current method is to create the device and a tutorial on its creation, post all of the relevant hardware information (.fzz and .ino files along with a tutorial) on GitHub under Open Source Instrumentation, and make a wish list on a relevant supplier's site that is linked in the tutorial.
This is all just a proposed method. Please let me know what you think either here, or on The OSI Blog.