Repository of all of the certified hardware

Hi

I just read on the blog about the XYZ problem
https://www.oshwa.org

I wonder if this is something that could be hosted on Internet Archive? I think how it could work is OSHWA has a collection which include all the documentation.

I guess one other option would be GitHub, this would allow forking, useful if software is also shared

If you want to create a library then you start by hiring a librarian and paying for storage space to host it. Github is like putting a bookshelf in the town square for donated books.

It’s nice but it is a far cry from a real library. You need active management by someone who knows what they are doing.

Hi John.

This is a great question. I think the short answer is “yes to both.”

Right now a significant majority (let’s say ~70) of the documentation for certified projects already lives in github. That means that one option is to just clone the repos in order to make archival copies. For the other documentation, the internet archive could be a really good option. To the extent that it isn’t in the wayback machine already (mostly that would be things that are hosted in google drive and whatnot) it would be easy to upload them.

-michael